[PSUBS-MAILIST] Vacuum vacuum

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Apr 30 07:06:51 EDT 2019

I always use the vacuum cleaner as a check before heading out to dive the
sub. The Nuytco guys have a portable vacuum, so they do it before launching
and as I recall actually launch the sub with a slight vacuum so they know
the O rings are all seated. In my case, as I don't have a portable vacuum I
just do it as a way to ensure the seals are in working order before I leave
my garage. I simply hold the shop vac hose over the over-pressure valve for
thirty seconds or so and watch the cabin pressure gauge through a viewport
for ten minutes afterwards. If the needle doesn't move, we'll be
watertight.

Best,
Alec

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 10:15 PM Alan via Personal_Submersibles <