[PSUBS-MAILIST] dive manuals, checklists, operations and maintenance documentation

Brian Hughes via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Apr 26 07:43:05 EDT 2019

Love it Shanee.

Is it just me or does there seem to be a resurgence of interest in submersibles?  A decade ago it appeared ROVs would completely replace them. For commercial work they pretty much have. OTOH, it appears a new generation of explorers and researchers want to rove the bottom of the seas themselves, peek through thick potholes,  experience the wonder in person. Look at all the companies now selling million dollar versions. Well, most of us can't afford a Triton, so we make do. And have for years. But something feels different.  And Shanee your ongoing story IMHO, is a prime example!

Those who haven't seen it, check out Alec's "amateur" video of the Tahoe expedition. He beautifully caught the joy of young researchers.

https://youtu.be/wx062xJ3G8o

PSubs community - it feels like we're back and feeling the love!

Brian