[PSUBS-MAILIST] onboard gear

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Apr 24 05:58:30 EDT 2019

 I built my escape pod because I am pretty darn sure I would not survive a emergency bail out.  I am not a diver and can't really swim either.  The escape pod is only good for one person and is not tested.  A good friend is always nagging at me to put a Kevlar buoy line on Gamma strong enough to lift the sub even full of water.  I always argue cost and will the rope be strong enough to overcome the entanglement.  I think we figured it would cost 5K but maybe it would be well worth it.  In my case it would make sense because I already have a lifting barge capable of lifting 6,000 lbs with its centre mounted winch.  the barge is even portable with no permits.  I would like to hear ideas around this idea.  I would be willing to do this unless there is something I am missing?Hank