[PSUBS-MAILIST] pulled thread line - submarine AC and heat

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Apr 4 00:42:56 EDT 2019

Hello Marc,
haven't heard from you for a while.
What calculation was off?
Peltiers are 1/4 as efficient as conventional AC.
Average car AC system uses 4hp which is 2,980W.
4 X 2980 = 11,920.
Wish it was off as I have bought 20 so far & I am going to need a lot of
batteries to keep up with a cars AC system.
I am starting to talk myself out of relying on them solely & in to a good snorkel
system that I could suck air through while transiting on the surface.
Alan