[PSUBS-MAILIST] pulled thread line - submarine AC and heat

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Apr 2 22:15:27 EDT 2019

Brian,
yes that's the way to go!
I just did a bit of googling on peltier coolers for single rooms & there were two
at 250W. So not as frightening as the car comparison I gave.
These units sit in the middle of the floor so they are not cooling the room, they
are just blowing air from the cool side at you.
I guess it will boil down to doing some experiments with the peltiers sinking
to the hull with differing external temperatures that mimic what the seawater
temperature might be.
Better still, find out some stats on commercial sub peltier based AC systems &
use that as a starting point.
Alan