[PSUBS-MAILIST] K350 motors and housings - available

k6fee via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Apr 2 12:44:59 EDT 2019

The DC compressor & water cooled condenser are the most expensive items.
If your a DIY'er, go to your nearest "Pick & Pull" get a car AC compressor add a DC drive motor, condenser & evap coil and roll your own.  It will take 2 HP to full drive the compressor, however you can vary the speed and control the cooling, while minimizing current drain. You'll need a refrigerant detector as a leak will kill you in the confines of a PSUB. Or go thermo electric.
Keith T.
-------- Original message --------From: Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> Date: 4/2/19  8:40 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: k6fee via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] K350 motors and housings - available

        Thanks for the links,  The MES24S - 24V unit looks like it would work great but at  $3,895 , I am not going to be ordering in the near future. In the spirit of Psub and DIY, I wonder how hard it would be to design and build on of these units.  Seems to be made up of readily available parts like a compressor, blower, coil ....
Cliff