[PSUBS-MAILIST] Plastic Propeller

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Apr 13 19:52:40 EDT 2017

Greg, (or anyone else as knowledgeable)
I am going to test a Vetus 146mm propeller soon. On paper it
seems a good match to my motor. I have not seen a left hand prop (which I
need) & the right hands go between $56- & $100-. Also I may need a slightly
smaller diameter. They are made of delrin.
Is there an easy / inexpensive way of replicating
something similar? I was thinking they could be printed & the print used
as a lost wax type aluminium casting.
I could make a silicon mold from a print & cast a fiber reinforced propeller,
but aren't sure about the strength & quality I could get.
Any thoughts on the best way of doing this?
Thanks, Alan

Sent from my iPad