[PSUBS-MAILIST] more Esmae video

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Apr 14 14:52:21 EDT 2016

Brian,
so if you add weight you need to add floatation to counter it.
When I first saw the video I thought perhaps fill the bottom of
the cylindrical hull section with lead. Maybe pour the lead to the contour
of the bottom & add syntactic foam around the conning tower.
With the height of the conning tower that would improve your
centre of buoyancy. Tritons top pilot told me he liked to dive as quick
as possible due to the instability issues that Vance described with
the CG & CB changing. you may find that you aren't so top heavy
once the conning tower is under. Perhaps you could attach a rope
around the conning tower next attempt & limit any roll just in case.
Cheers Alan

Sent from my iPad