[PSUBS-MAILIST] dome mount

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Apr 23 12:59:48 EDT 2015

James,
Yes, a swinging dome would be awesome.  My big concern though is over pressure with such a large dome.  I am not comfortable relying on an over pressure valve.  I think the over pressure valve needs to be a monster to work.  Think how long it takes to deflate an inner tube at 5 psi.  In a stressful situation you may be tempted to surface fast, with an over pressure you could have a real problem.  I still favour a manual valve in the hatch and the flood valve can be a back up to that.  I guess releasing the hatch is an option also????  not sure about that one.